Monday, August 15, 2011

Creatures that, whether or not raised in captivity, normally are found in a wild state (18USC42)

A couple of the other EFMs here were nice enough to invite me on an outing that I had to decline because TJ's family was coming to visit. As it turned out, they wanted to do exactly what I had been invited to do: go to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. One EFM had told me that the park is better than the zoo, and I believe her, considering that you can see the animals by tram, caravan truck, VIP cart, Segway, zipline, hot-air balloon, behind-the-scenes Jeep -- or even from your tent in the campground within the park. We spent most of our time on the cheapest option, our feet. The place is so big that I never did see my friends, but I did see plenty of animals that I wanted to make my new friends.
These dik-diks, tiny antelopes from Africa, would make great playmates for Sage and could give me an immature chuckle every time I said their name.
These zebras, members of the horse family from Africa, would add some visual appeal to my uninspired and uninspiring backyard.
This giraffe, the tallest land-living animal, would make a great concert companion and could help out with the high cabinets in the kitchen.
This okapi, an ungulate from the Congo rainforest that looks like a zebra but is more closely related to a giraffe, would take up less room by pulling double duty.
This elephant, the largest land-living animal, would save me some money on car washes and sprinkler systems.
This rhinoceros, a perissodactyl with horns made of keratin, would be nice to help maneuver through and merge into heavy traffic.
This cheetah, the fastest land-living animal, could cut my errand-running time in half, especially if we split the grocery list.
These lions, the second-largest felines besides the tiger, would be good pillows for my afternoon and weekend naps.
This gorilla, the largest species of primate, would make a good drinking buddy because he could crack beers without an opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment