Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Responsible policies will continue to require fathers to support their children (SHrg110-107)

So I made my dad come to visit me for a month, then ...

I made him eat typical fish (and marlin and octopus) tacos at Mariscos El Mazateno after a quick walk-through of the consulate.
I made him visit the border at Playas de Tijuana and drink beer at a wind-worn patio bar.
I made him walk the Rosarito pier so he'd burn some calories before eating Puerto Nuevo lobster from Restaurante Luis.
I made him try crazy types of ice cream at Tepoznieves and the best pork tortas ever at the Baja California Culinary Fest.
I made him tour the Valle de Guadalupe, including Italian vineyards Villa Montefiori, Catalan winery Vinos Pijoan, Mexican vintnor JC Bravo, and multinational producer L.A. Cetto.
 
I made him drink even more Baja wine at Ochentos Pizza, where we tried four kinds of pizza with some help from a furry friend and candlelight.
I made him drink even more wine in Temecula, including multiple award winners at South Coast Winery, holiday table wine at Wiens Family Cellars, almond champagne at Wilson Creek Winery, Solera-style port at Longshadow Ranch Winery, and cream sherry at Mount Palomar Winery.
I made him sample caramel-, pumpkin-, and berry-apple pie slices with homemade whipped cream, cinnamon ice cream, and cheddar cheese on the side at Julian Pie Company.
I made him look at the desert and dunes surrounding the Salton Sea from Cleveland National Forest.
I made him walk up a steep hill to see the sparkling vista of Torrey Pines State Reserve.
I made him stalk the sea lions at La Jolla Cove and search for harbor seals at the Children's Pool.
I made him get up-close and personal with a cheetah and other animals at San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
I made him stuff himself with an oversized meal from Flinn Springs Inn.
I made him take in the view of San Diego's skyline from the USS Midway, where we found an "Eggert" listed on the "duty board."
 
I made him bask in the sunset from Portwood Pier, just a few blocks from his rented condo in Imperial Beach.
I did not make him drive, although he chose to do so anyway, but I made him consult TJ about the route.
 
I made him tired enough to want to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment